From QB64 Wiki
Revision as of 22:45, 5 January 2016 by Clippy
The STR$ function returns the STRING representation of a numerical value.
- result$ = STR$(number)
- number is any numerical type value to convert.
- Returns any type number value with leading sign(space/minus) or decimal point when one exists in the numerical value.
- If number is positive, the STRING value returned will have a leading space character which can be removed using LTRIM$.
- If number is negative, the minus sign will precede the number instead of a space which LTRIM$ will not remove.
- Trimming a STR$ string number using RTRIM$ is not required as PRINT creates the undocumented trailing number space.
1 2.3 -4.5
33101who 33 3333