From QB64 Wiki
The CLEAR' statement clears all variable and array element values in a program. It does not affect constant values!
Syntax: CLEAR [, stacksize& , stackspace&]
- Optional stacksize parameter was not required as Qbasic managed that. All three parameters are ignored by QB64!
- The stackspace parameter sets the stack space to be added to the stack. Two commas kept Qbasic compatible with BASICA.
- Normally used to clear all program variable and array values where numerical values become zero and string values become null.
- It does not clear constant values.
- Closes all opened files also.
- $DYNAMIC arrays will need to be re-dimensioned or an error will occur when referenced because the array is removed.
Example: Using CLEAR to clear array elements.
- Note: If you change DIM to REDIM a "Subscript out of range" error will occur because a $DYNAMIC array is removed by CLEAR.