From QB64 Wiki
The _SNDSETPOS statement changes the current/starting playing position in seconds of a sound.
- _SNDSETPOS handle&, position!
- Changes the current/starting playing position in seconds (a SINGLE value) of a sound in memory.
- If position! is past the length of the sound, playback will be interrupted.
- Function cannot be called while a looping sound is being played (see _SNDLOOP).
- In versions prior to build 20170811/60, the sound identified by handle& must have been opened using the "SETPOS" capability to use this statement.
SoundFile& = _SNDOPEN("YourSoundFile.mp3") '<<< your MP3 sound file here! _SNDSETPOS SoundFile&, 5.5 'set to play sound 5 1/2 seconds into music _SNDPLAY SoundFile& 'play sound Do: _LIMIT 60 LOCATE 5, 2: PRINT "Current play position> "; _SNDGETPOS(SoundFile&) LOOP UNTIL _KEYDOWN(27) OR NOT _SNDPLAYING(SoundFile&) 'ESC or end of sound exit