From QB64 Wiki
Usage: COLOR 14: PRINT TAB(30); "Hello World"
- SUB parameters MUST be enclosed in parenthesis when the CALL statement is used. Do not use parenthesis without CALL.
- Parenthesis can be used in calculations to determine the order in which math operations are performed when the normal order would not work correctly. Normal operation order is: 1) exponential, 2) multiplication or division 3) addition or subtraction.
- Parenthesis can also denote the array index or the dimension size(s) in a DIM statement.
- Instead of BYVAL, use extra parenthesis around sub-procedure call parameters to pass them by value instead of by reference.
- Extra pairs of brackets have no effect on the code! If one is missing the IDE should tell you.
Example: Using too many brackets does not harm the code execution as long as they are paired up.