From QB64 Wiki
The _SNDSETPOS statement changes the current/starting playing position of a sound in seconds.
- _SNDSETPOS handle&, position!
- Changes the current/starting playing position of a sound in seconds(a SINGLE value).
- If the seconds position is past the length of the sound the sound will stop playing.
- Function cannot be called while a looping (_SNDLOOP) sound is being played.
- Opened MP3 files must have the "SETPOS" capability to use this statement. Not all do!
QB64 supports the following sound file formats (Bold is a guaranteed capability): WAV = "VOL,SYNC,LEN,PAUSE" Free WAV to OGG GUI converter OGG = "VOL,SYNC,LEN,PAUSE" Free WAV to OGG converter AIF = "VOL,SYNC,LEN,PAUSE" RIF = "VOL,SYNC,LEN,PAUSE" VOC = "VOL,SYNC,LEN,PAUSE" MID = "VOL" MOD = "VOL,PAUSE" MP3 = "VOL,PAUSE,SETPOS" Free WMA, MP3 and OGG converter Note: _SNDBAL only affects MP3 volume. Sound will reside in main channel.
SoundFile& = _SNDOPEN("YourSoundFile.mp3", "VOL,SETPOS,PAUSE") '<<< your MP3 sound file here! _SNDSETPOS SoundFile&, 5.5 'set to play sound 5 1/2 seconds into music _SNDPLAY SoundFile& 'play sound Do: _LIMIT 60 LOCATE 5, 2: PRINT "Current play position> "; _SNDGETPOS(SoundFile&) LOOP UNTIL _KEYDOWN(27) OR NOT _SNDPLAYING(SoundFile&) 'ESC or end of sound exit