From QB64 Wiki
- return_code = _SHELLHIDE(command$)
- The literal or variable STRING command parameter can be any DOS command line or call to another program.
- QB64 can now return codes sent by program modules when a specified code is added after END code% or SYSTEM code%.
- The code can verify that a previous SHELL command was executed.
Example: Shelling to another QB64 program will return the exit code when one is set in the program that is run.
- Explanation: To set a program exit code use an INTEGER parameter value after END or SYSTEM in the called program.