From QB64 Wiki
The IOCTL statement sends a message to an open IOCTL compatible device.
- IOCTL [#]fileNumber%, message$
- Currently NOT supported in QB64!
- fileNumber% is the number of an open device
- message$ is the message you want to send.
- The device must first be opened with the OPEN statement.
- Use IOCTL$ to receive messages from the device.
- The message sent is device-specific (read manual to see if it is IOCTL compatible).
- IOCTL doesn't work with most devices, it doesn't work with BASIC devices (LPTn:, COMn:, SCRN:, CONS:) or DOS block devices (A: to Z:).