From QB64 Wiki
- IF condition <> 0 THEN evaluation = -1 ELSE evaluation = 0
- ELSE is used in a IF block statement to cover any remaining conditions not covered in the block by IF or ELSEIF.
- CASE ELSE covers any remaining conditions not covered by the other CASE statements.
- ELSE can also be used as a False comparison to a True IF statement when a condition will only be True or False.
- Other IF...THEN statements can be inside of an ELSE statement.
Example 1: One line IF statement
IF x = 100 THEN PRINT "100" ELSE PRINT "Not 100"
Example 2: Multiple line IF statement block
IF x = 100 THEN ' code executed MUST be on next statement line! PRINT "100" ELSE PRINT "Not 100" END IF
Example 3: To alternate between any two values (as long as the value after ELSE is the same as the condition)
IF a = 3 THEN a = 5 ELSE a = 3