• Print

Author Topic: "C++ Compilation failed" message  (Read 2015 times)

Clippy

• I LOVE π = 4 * ATN(1)    Use the QB64 WIKI >>>
    • Pete's Qbasic Site
    • Email
Re: "C++ Compilation failed" message
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 02:24:21 AM »
I don't think that having something "experimental" to download should be listed in the latest download section here. Can't you put it somewhere else for a while? No need to get desparate just yet!

MING means nothing to me yet, so I would just toss a coin and then you have to ask which one they are using for every question.
QB64 WIKI: Main Page
Download Q-Basics Code Demo: Q-Basics.zip
Download QB64 BAT, IconAdder and VBS shortcuts: QB64BAT.zip
Download QB64 DLL files in a ZIP: Program64.zip

Galleon

• Administrator
  • QB Forever
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 04:18:32 AM »
I don't think that having something "experimental" to download should be listed in the latest download section here. Can't you put it somewhere else for a while? No need to get desparate just yet! MING means nothing to me yet, so I would just toss a coin and then you have to ask which one they are using for every question.
The choice of MING is not a permanent THING. If it solves the problem we will kiss TDM goodbye. Furthermore, the future of QB64 probably lies with also using the 64-bit version of Mingw64 so it's not a bad thing to use their 32-bit version as well. That's right! Mingw64 has a Mingw32 version. Just like QB64 has a 32-bit version and a 32-bit version.
Something old... Something new... Something borrowed... Something blue...

Pete

• Cuz I sez so varmint!
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 08:58:11 AM »
I've compiled with Mingw32 when I use Bloodshed. Bloodshed gives a choice of compilers. I've noticed some programs I coded in C and C++ would compile with one compiler choice, but not another. Galleon, you may want to consider including the same idea, compiler switches, in the QB64 IDE and a way to select a compiler, other than the default compiler, from the command line. Obviously the downside to this is that it will complicate bug reports, which is something to weigh when considering this idea.

Pete
It's only rocket science; it's not Linux!

GSAC3

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 09:26:06 AM »
Galleon:

Version .8600 that you just uploaded works fine on my system now.

Thanks for the fix.

Don

Galleon

• Administrator
  • QB Forever
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 02:35:55 PM »
Thanks for the fix.
Great to hear! It was a bit of a punt as to whether Mingw64(32) would solve the problems because both use a very recent version of the GCC compiler and in theory shouldn't differ. I'll make this the official C++ compiler included with QB64 from now on. I'll wait and see how the other user 'Milesaway' (posted a similar report in the bugs/incompatibilities forum) goes with Mingw64(32) before removing the link to the TDM version (as Clippy says, having two links causes confusion).

As it looks almost certain that Mingw64(32) will be used in QB64 from now onwards I'd love to hear from others how it goes on their systems, particularly speed wise when compiling longer programs in comparison to previous versions of QB64.
Something old... Something new... Something borrowed... Something blue...

fatman2021

• Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us.
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 11:57:33 PM »
Quote from: Galleon on February 13, 2010, 02:35:55 PM
Thanks for the fix.
Great to hear! It was a bit of a punt as to whether Mingw64(32) would solve the problems because both use a very recent version of the GCC compiler and in theory shouldn't differ. I'll make this the official C++ compiler included with QB64 from now on. I'll wait and see how the other user 'Milesaway' (posted a similar report in the bugs/incompatibilities forum) goes with Mingw64(32) before removing the link to the TDM version (as Clippy says, having two links causes confusion).

As it looks almost certain that Mingw64(32) will be used in QB64 from now onwards I'd love to hear from others how it goes on their systems, particularly speed wise when compiling longer programs in comparison to previous versions of QB64.

I would hold off for a little bit. Some of my larger program do not compile when using Mingw64(32).
Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Isaiah 5:20

Clippy

• I LOVE π = 4 * ATN(1)    Use the QB64 WIKI >>>
    • Pete's Qbasic Site
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 12:12:20 AM »
Oh my... He said he wanted to TEST Mingw64(32), not TORTURE it!  ;D
QB64 WIKI: Main Page
Download Q-Basics Code Demo: Q-Basics.zip
Download QB64 BAT, IconAdder and VBS shortcuts: QB64BAT.zip
Download QB64 DLL files in a ZIP: Program64.zip