• Print

Author Topic: important news  (Read 175 times)

• Email
important news
« on: October 31, 2012, 06:44:55 PM »
I would post this in the unrelated, but from what I hear it is not working.

The library of congress "updated" the copy right laws as of yesterday.
it is now illegal to edit copy righted software even for private use.
The list of newly illegal actions includes but is not limited to
 1. burning and ripping cd's(even if they were made for it like albums) is illegal
2. changing OS is illegal
3. editing a copied righted pic using paint is illegal
4. converting one file type to another( like youtube to mp3) is illegal

From the looks of it, it is so companies can go after whoever they want. Namely apple; they are rumored to have something to do with it, and since this goes after selling cd albums, it is most likely true.   

Fifi

• Email
Re: important news
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 07:10:21 PM »
Hi 23452,

Could you please provide with us a copy or a link to the bill ?

This seems absolutely crazy..., but who knows with Yankees.   ::)

Now, if it's true, I don't know what kind of stuff the congressmen have been smoking lately.   :-\

Obviously, it's too strong for their mental sanity !   :P

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.
Better to look like an idiot for a short time when asking something obvious for an expert than pretend to be smart all your life. (c) 2012 by "Moi".

iamdenteddisk

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 07:13:34 PM »
yeah, So what they can put me in jail pay my rent and keep me warm,bathed, fed..
that isn't to bad of a concern..

at this current point jail is a  retirement plan for most, like a free Howard Johnson's..

besides I'm at war with them for atrocity's and it's only logical to recognize they are with me also. besides I knew that about them 20 yr's ago even before I declared war back..

I am a free man have been my whole life, so as far as I am concerned, stamp it (REJECTED) and return to sender!

when their nuclear reactors and processing ceterfuge's start to go down because of computer virus. then call me..
I will let you/them know, I won't be their hero then either.. but I will offer a really encouraging laugh & grin.. ;D and explanation..

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »
@ Fifi

It is called the U.S. Millenium Copyright Act of 1998. The law did not change, but the people enforcing it did. The law was very loosely wrote and much of how it is enforced is  depends on who is doing it(this is very come with code books; they are all like like that because the idea that congress does not have the time to work on and pass all of them). They are kind of like the FDA and DOT.

iamdenteddisk

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 08:26:27 PM »
it fit's also under peeping tom law, what ever is publicly viewable can be duplicated viewed or shown without hindrance. what you have to pry to get or buy a license to view is illegal to duplicate.

so if Madonna likes dancing naked in her house with the curtains open and it is in view without criminal trespass, video and sell it..
 go any amount further to get it and it becomes illegal..

any software/photo/text, you find free without agreeing to a no copy personal use license. feel free..
   "that is why there is an FBI warning at the beginning of every commercial dvd and video tape and not at the end."
so you cant claim ignorance of it or the laws on it.

I always wondered when they would start vocally warning for that to stop an illiteracy plea, but I suppose that would be to much work as they would have to do it in so many languages now for non English speakers and brail for the blind too..

look back a few years to when congress wanted/demanded the source/code for Microsoft windows, do you reckon bill gates ever gave in to their demands?
did congress end up in jail?
it isn't in the media any more, so it had to resolve some way.. did they illegally decompile it, hack a server for it?
 :)

TerryRitchie

• FORMAT C:\ /Q /U /AUTOTEST (How to repair Win8)
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 08:37:10 PM »
http://gprime.net/flash.php/youareapirate

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »
LOL I guess that video fits me; when I heard the news, the first thing I done was jailbreak my Ipod. :D   

iamdenteddisk

• Email
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
I confess and am in absolute Agreement with you on that TerryRitchie..

All things by reason,reason by design. if they wanted it secure they never should'a put it on a PC,in a bank,trust a government with it..

because a good hacker can rob you blind use your money to make money and have it safe back in your account 700 times before the next day's start of business at the bank.

he can take your credit card numbers from you the bank,credit bureaus, credit card company's any store/business you patronage, cell phones or even scan it in you wallet,brief case or breast pocket as you walk by, even from a gas pump you used.

the law's are silly and only made to suffice silly people who believe it helps them in any way. if a criminal was caught red handed, it is petty theft and misdemeanor(maybe 30 days) anything higher than I think 5thousand and you buy them an all expense paid vacation with your taxes. if they are employed by you it is misdemeanor larsony after trust I think up to 50k then you get grand larsony, only up to 15 years paid vacation and a good reason to kill when you get out of jail.

realistically confessed cold blooded killers get out in 4 years now days

that is something people need to know when they push BS laws, even if guilty, jail can't keep you forever but does piss you off and scores are easily settled after..

a system of vigilante justice should be used instead IMO. but these silly back scratchers they call laws are there only to rob you the people by means of loopholes and and leave you hanging and vulnerable when you are victimized.

and none are wise enough to see it? :-[ 

HACKER

• Limited Member
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 09:08:11 AM »

Whatever Copyright Laws they bring out they will Never Stop Moonshine! Especially if the Leaders of a Country Etc. like it H :)

• Email
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 05:14:43 PM »
The very fact of how computers work make it impossible to stop. It is called a langue for a reason; how do you go about limiting a langue. Governments couldn't stop illegal good when they took 3 mouths to ship, so how do they plan on doing now that it takes 3 minutes.

well I am going to start downing my free games.       

• Print