• Print

Author Topic: Struct Types, Memory Allocator, Doubly Linked Lists - The RSIncludes  (Read 504 times)

RhoSigma

• 4 * 1.0079 = 4.0026
    • Email
Struct Types, Memory Allocator, Doubly Linked Lists - The RSIncludes
« on: March 09, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »
Hi all,

i've put together a collection of my include files, which are used for some helper programs i write at work. As this stuff is of common use i do share it here. I've no idea, if it's useful for anybody else, so simply have a look on it. The include files are commented just to a minimum required extent, but there is a complete documentation in HTML format which describes everything. It's much to read, but i think it's worth it.

Struct Types (types.bi/.bm)
Set up C/C++ like structures simply by calling a sequence of SUBs to define the entries/offsets. You may use these as addition/alternative to the standard DEF TYPE like user datatypes.

Memory Allocator (memory.bi/.bm)
Set up a private memory pool in your programs by using a big dimensioned numeric array as continuously addressed memory region, just like the real system memory. Mainly to provide storage space for the content of your defined C/C++ like structures, but maybe you find other uses.

Doubly Linked Lists (lists.bi/.bm)
Create and operate doubly linked list constructs to effectively organize your data records. The lists are build with the structure SUBs of types.bi/.bm and do need the memory pool provided by memory.bi/.bm for content storage.

So here's the download, its a zip folder which should be extracted into the QB64 folder:
http://rhosigma-cw.net/down/rsInc.zip

Hint:
Take a look into the Phonebook.bas file located in the example sub-directory to get a first impression how the SUBs and FUNCTIONs of all the include files can be used.

Have fun...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:50:44 PM by RhoSigma »
Download archives of my QB64 stuff:
Polygon functions: http://rhosigma-cw.net/down/GfxDemos.zip
Screen savers: http://rhosigma-cw.net/down/ScrSavers.zip
Libraries collection: http://rhosigma-cw.net/down/QB64Library.zip (extract into the QB64 folder, a new sub-folder "QB64Library" is created)

OlDosLover

• OlDosLover
    • Email
Re: Struct Types, Memory Allocator, Linked Lists - The RSIncludes
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 07:15:40 AM »
Hi all,
    Thanks  RhoSigma. I'll check it out and report back.
OlDosLover.

OlDosLover

• OlDosLover
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »
Hi all,
    Very well documented and functional lib. Looking forward to the author using it and demonstrating its purposes. Well done!
OlDosLover.

Clippy

• I LOVE π = 4 * ATN(1)    Use the QB64 WIKI >>>
    • Pete's Qbasic Site
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »
What kind of stuff can it do? I'm kinda busy...
QB64 WIKI: Main Page
Download Q-Basics Code Demo: Q-Basics.zip
Download QB64 BAT, IconAdder and VBS shortcuts: QB64BAT.zip
Download QB64 DLL files in a ZIP: Program64.zip

OlDosLover

• OlDosLover
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 08:40:23 PM »
Hi all,
    As the author said

The last 10-12 weeks i've spend to put together a couple of include files in preparation for some helper programs i need to write at work. As this stuff is of common use i will share it here. I've no idea, if it's useful for anybody else, so have a look on it.
so i imagine that he will update this effort with further examples as he evolvess it at his work place. The author asked for people to have a look at it. This is what i have done and applaud him for his effort and contribution. As im not an advanced programmer i'd be unable to use the entire lib without some more examples. Here im offering feedback. I imagine that the author is as busy as i am.
OlDosLover.

• Print