• Print

Author Topic: So, i've started writing a game...  (Read 1298 times)

LeChuck

• 18 * 37
Re: So, i've started writing a game...
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 03:53:28 AM »
Quote from: vrensul on August 15, 2011, 08:57:14 PM
Ok.  So here's what i've done so far, every chance i've gotten to work on it.  It's my FIRST attempt at writing a game beyond that one memory game.  I'm not too far from finished.  I know i'm not a good artist, so dont be too rough on the art  :-[  Anyhow keep the images in the dir with the EXE after you compile.  Next venture will be into how to animate some of the colors using something called "color cycling", and finally coding the rest of the "features" of the game and setting up opening and closings.

Download here : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3050338/Stardom.zip

BTW, use the mouse to move, and LMB to shoot.  Them dudes are set to be really easy.

Wow, I think that's a great start. The graphics aren't all that bad! I encourage you to keep working on this.

Btw, I'm going to try my hand at designing / drawing an alternate spaceship for your game. Might take a while. :)
Two or more, use a FOR!

vrensul

• 44th Degree Digital Wizard of the HighBytes Order
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 12:34:03 PM »
Btw, I'm going to try my hand at designing / drawing an alternate spaceship for your game. Might take a while.

That'd be awesome.  Right now those ships look bad to me, in comparison to other things I've seen.  Take your time if you do want to, and if not, nothing lost :)

I sat around for a minute or so after shooting down the first 2 enemies waiting for something to happen
Yeah, I reckon I should have mentioned that part ...  Sorry  :-[

I didn't get Rickrolled!
I have no idea what that means, so I'm assuming I've never done that before either :)

I posted it to basically show what I've done so far. That way if I ask any questions (like how do make the mouse move slower in the program, like the old days) the code I'm working with is here.  When it's complete, I'll post it on the 1st msg.

' With programming, you  can do anything!
DEF SEG = &HBANKACNT 'weekend starts here...
     poke checking, 1000000
DEF SEG ' quit job here.

Helmet

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »
Quote from: vrensul on August 16, 2011, 12:34:03 PM

I have no idea what that means, so I'm assuming I've never done that before either :)

Ah, rickrolling.

Follow this link to the most risible video to-date on the subject: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0.

vrensul

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 01:24:40 PM »
Follow this link to the most risible video to-date on the subject
Gotcha.  Yep, I wouldn't do that..   I feel scared now...  The song isn't bad but watching that dude is horrible.
     poke checking, 1000000
DEF SEG ' quit job here.

Helmet

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 02:08:26 PM »
I found out about rickrolling when I was rickrolled.  You're the first person I ever rickrolled. 

Sorry, I just wanted to see what it was like.   :-[

I feel terrible...
...but probably not as bad as Scarlett Johansson felt when her skirt got caught in that revolving door this morning!  Holy moly!  Click here if you haven't heard about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0.

TerryRitchie

• FORMAT C:\ /Q /U /AUTOTEST (How to repair Win8)
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »
You A$$CII HAT! I saw Scarlett Johanson and couldn't click on that link fast enough! LOL  :-*

vrensul

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 09:34:11 PM »
Just updating this work so far.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3050338/Stardom.zip

That's got the graphics and code in it.  Should compile and run fine.  I'm NOT finished.  I need to :

1. Add more bad dudes that want to kill you in new creative ways.  ALSO, change the way they get harder to kill, as it is right now, you'll never make it very far.
2. Add the weapons I had intended, like missiles, homing missiles, extra turrents that fire on their own, nukes, Lightening gun, shields and some other stuff.
3. Add more of my originally drawn crappy artwork!   ;D
4. Sound
5. Music (almost have that)
7. Say i'm done, but then I wont be still.

*NOTE*  You can't die right now; That's intentional.  Also, if you press "D" (Shift+D) it will show the debugging information that I've been using to help work on the program.  You can also skip levels too which led to the later part of #1 above.

Anyway thanks for the help and support everyone.
     poke checking, 1000000
DEF SEG ' quit job here.

• Print