• Print

Author Topic: "Powered by QB64" - let your users know who makes it all possible  (Read 694 times)

QootyKev

• Email
"Powered by QB64" - let your users know who makes it all possible
« on: September 10, 2011, 08:14:01 PM »
I am just too excited about how close I'm getting. THREE - count 'em, THREE - game functions (of about 300) to go and Qooty will finally be available to those with W7 or Vista, and hopefully soon after, Mac etc.

You cannot know, you just cannot, how grateful I am for QB64.

I am currently dealing with huge financial issues eating our pensions to death but promise a donation when these are rectified.

In the meantime, I thought the next best thing would be to at least plug QB64 to the users. (my program is used by around 200 people across the web).

So I've added the QB64 website address to the Qooty welcome screen. I used the terminology "Powered by QB64". Was wondering if this is the most appropriate terminology and if you preferred anything different. I'm happy to tweak, change, move or even remove if that is your preference.

It doesn't look like images can be marked up in here, but here is a link to how it looks.
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/8863/firsttimeuserscreen.png

"Powered by QB64" will also appear on the main menu screen, going forward.

My free webspace has decided to make updating impossible and added adverts everywhere, but when I eventually find a better one, there'll be a donation button for you guys on the site. ( right beside my own :D )

So I thought it was worth suggesting, for anyone else who is using QB64 for software to disseminate to a community, it would be great to plug the engine in the background that Galleon and co have been so diligently putting together. I know the license.txt basically says "we don't care if you don't want to give us credit", but I still feel it's the right thing to do.

Maybe I think too much. When housebound, you kindah do that :D

iamdenteddisk

• Email
Re: "Powered by QB64" - let your users know who makes it all possible
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 01:25:13 AM »
looks prety good qooty, I dropboxed some grafix to go with the installer a while back, I don't remember anyone saying they would be used but if you look it up in the search, "for post by me that return for a search on installer". you will find a zip named installer and new graphics.
 anyway there are some cool animated gif's and bmp files, made with the qb64inside theme and animated bees you can use if you like, I use them but it is meant as a tribute to qb64 when I do so, I supose it don't matter if we all did..

;)

QootyKev

• Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 02:28:19 AM »
That's a cool idea, dented ... I should indeed take advantage of those, and of the image functionality of QB64 in general.

I haven't looked into any QB64-specific new features yet other than to replace a shell to downloader with download code.Still working purely on conversion. But I can't wait to finish that part and then get stuck into all the new capabilities QB64 offers!  8)

iamdenteddisk

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 12:05:53 PM »
here is that link, you should look in all the internal folders, ther is also some animation code there. of corse a few others on the forum don't like my methods but it is to me a easier method then what they suggest, less code to..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24429764/NEW_GRAPHICS_AND_INSTALLER.zip

codeguy

• what the h3ll did i name that code?
    • stuff at dkm
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 09:04:02 AM »
and if ya want, you can even patch in my perspectiverotate (look for it by name) with any image of your choice. if ya want it all self-contained, there are code samples on qb64 to convert images to data statements.
http://denteddisk.forums-free.com/make-an-appointment-with-the-resident-code-guru-f34.html

QootyKev

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 05:38:31 PM »
All a bit over my head at this point, sorry! As I said, I am PURELY learning how to convert my QBASIC code to QB64 code for now, to urgently get the software usable by my W7 and Vista users.

Once done, and major bugs fixed, then I can look at all the cool new stuff!

Anyways, the main reason I posted this was to suggest that QB64 is given a plug within software that is written for dissemination. I'm just so thankful for it.

iamdenteddisk

• Email
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 06:42:17 PM »
yeah a tribute can be expected by Galleone and his menions who put this thing together for us and all we programmers who use it should tribute in some way. I like the idea of putting something in the intro,loading screens more than in the final end credits myself. if its a game worth its salt nobody will see the end credits for a year or two anyway. right?  :-\

QootyKev

• Email
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 08:40:58 PM »
Agree totally. I'm mentioning it at the installation screen now, and will add to the main menu with my next release.

Clippy

• I LOVE π = 4 * ATN(1)    Use the QB64 WIKI >>>
    • Pete's Qbasic Site
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 08:43:01 PM »
Galleon Dragon  :-*
QB64 WIKI: Main Page
Download Q-Basics Code Demo: Q-Basics.zip
Download QB64 BAT, IconAdder and VBS shortcuts: QB64BAT.zip
Download QB64 DLL files in a ZIP: Program64.zip

iamdenteddisk

• Email
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 11:19:22 PM »
actualy clippy I think it would be  > Galleone Dragon)) :-*

bracket butt cheeks, hows that.. , Dont worry it wont get in the way of daily opperations..

Galleone Dragon))<Clippy nose here,  see aint that better..

Brent

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 11:15:58 AM »
Just thought I'd share this graphic I made that will be plastered on the intro of my programs/games:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/geekocide/pbqb64.png

vrensul

• 44th Degree Digital Wizard of the HighBytes Order
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 12:00:37 PM »
Hi Brent.  Can I use your image posted above?  I would like to use that on my opening screens if ok. 
' With programming, you  can do anything!
DEF SEG = &HBANKACNT 'weekend starts here...
     poke checking, 1000000
DEF SEG ' quit job here.

Brent

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 12:05:16 PM »
Absolutely!  ;D

Anyone is free to use it, if they like.  It'd be an honor, actually.

Brent

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 12:09:03 PM »
As well, here is an 800x600 version of it:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/geekocide/pbqb64b.png

On both images, the background is transparent so you don't have to change the color of what appears as white.

iamdenteddisk

• Email
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 10:28:01 PM »
that is a realy nice graphic brent, thanks for sharing it.. ;)

• Print