• Print

Author Topic: Just showing a program I made :)  (Read 437 times)

Gorlock

• Email
Re: Just showing a program I made :)
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 04:22:35 AM »
There is a new update for the game!
You can get it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NK0Z9FY5
Just replace the old .exe, also the new source is included.
Updates:
-Added arrow key menus on Scores and Play sections
-Removed flickering
-'Esc'ing from Score now terminates the BGM
-Attempt at fixing "GREAT" sparseness

Have fun, if you see anything that could be made better please post and I will try to fix it.

Galleon

• Administrator
  • QB Forever
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 06:31:00 AM »
In a word... Fun!

Personally, I thought it might be nice if it was a bit more lenient, the bar on the left always dropping to nothing for each miss but staying the same if I just ignored dots didn't seem to stack up... but maybe that's because I haven't played guitar hero games.

I thought I'd have to create my own OGG files & timings just to test it out, and was pleasantly surprised to find that there were 8 or so examples ready to play.

Like others said, a bit flickery, but I'm sure you'll fix that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Didn't notice the update, my comment was about the original.
Something old... Something new... Something borrowed... Something blue...

Gorlock

• Email
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2011, 07:11:10 AM »
Thanks! But I am not sure what you are saying about the combo. It is supposed to return to zero if strike and miss, but I thought making it miss if you didn't hit it would be too much. Also about stacking up do you mean that they pile up for a certain amount of time when the reach the circle? I tried that but it didn't work. You can still hit the note though up to 16/64ths of a second after it is gone from the screen, but only if you let it slide past you not if you already hit it.

• Print