• Print

Author Topic: QB64copycode.xpi : no kompatibel with firefox 5.0  (Read 847 times)

Cyperium

• Knowledge is good, but understanding is better
    • Cyperium
    • Email
Re: QB64copycode.xpi : no kompatibel with firefox 5.0
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 10:56:09 AM »
It says qb64.net/* which should mean all subsequent paths to that (including qb64.net/wiki and such), I don't think the www. matters.

I've tried to copy and paste many examples and it works, I also tried the other box styles to copy and paste and it works.

Btw, the former script just used qb64.net/* and it works exactly the same so I didn't need to change any instructions (just noted about the namespace that something should be there, it can't be empty).
Venture - New Prototype, QB64 Editor v1.95b (linux compatible, if you compile the source).

chronokitsune

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »
Quote from: Cyperium on July 13, 2011, 10:56:09 AM
It says qb64.net/* which should mean all subsequent paths to that (including qb64.net/wiki and such), I don't think the www. matters.

I've tried to copy and paste many examples and it works, I also tried the other box styles to copy and paste and it works.

Btw, the former script just used qb64.net/* and it works exactly the same so I didn't need to change any instructions (just noted about the namespace that something should be there, it can't be empty).
I included "www.qb64.net" and "qb64.net" both, perhaps because of the "same-origin policy" that some versions of Firefox implement (resulting in MANY broken sites, causing Mozilla to reverse the use of the implementation) or as a result of the possibility that I started with "www.qb64.net" since that is the canonical name of the domain.  Either way, "qb64.net" may be the only one required.

I also used the "<domain>/wiki/*" form to pertain specifically to the wiki since it shouldn't be needed outside of the wiki. After all, why make the script run on the forums? They're slow enough sometimes, even in the snappy Google Chrome!  :P

Clippy

• I LOVE π = 4 * ATN(1)    Use the QB64 WIKI >>>
    • Pete's Qbasic Site
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2011, 12:51:39 PM »
Well, SOMEBODY best TELL ME EXACTLY WTF IT NEEDS or I'm gonna RIP OUT THE ENTIRE PAGE!

WTF do we need to put in the BOX that pops up! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
QB64 WIKI: Main Page
Download Q-Basics Code Demo: Q-Basics.zip
Download QB64 BAT, IconAdder and VBS shortcuts: QB64BAT.zip
Download QB64 DLL files in a ZIP: Program64.zip

chronokitsune

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2011, 03:50:15 PM »
Firefox 3.5 needs both www.qb64.net/wiki/* and qb64.net/wiki/* to work on both forms of the domain.  Like I said, I prefer using <domain>/wiki/* more than <domain>/* just because I wouldn't want the speed of the rest of the site to be affected (again, I cite the occasional speed issues of the forums).

Cyperium

• Cyperium
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 02:15:25 AM »
Ok, I did the changes. One extra line is easy enough for the users.
Venture - New Prototype, QB64 Editor v1.95b (linux compatible, if you compile the source).

Clippy

• Pete's Qbasic Site
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 10:26:07 AM »
Don't you have to enable the add-on to try to use it? Why would somebody try to use it in the forum? Can't you turn it off?

So let me get this right.

1) SOME older versions make you add TWO link lines to the pop-up box BEFORE the code box comes up. WHAT ELSE does it REQUIRE?

2) Newer versions allow you to enter the information DIRECTLY into the code box without having to put the info in the pop-up box. Right?

Will BOTH ALLOW the following code to be IN the code box:

// ==UserScript==
// @name           QB64CopyCode
// @namespace      http://www.qb64.net/wiki/namespace
// @description    Can now copy from the QB64 Wiki
// @include        http://www.qb64.net/wiki
// @include        http://qb64.net/wiki
// ==/UserScript==

IF NOT, what needs to be removed?

I HATE FF! :-X

Cyperium

• Cyperium
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 03:32:57 AM »
Quote from: Clippy on July 14, 2011, 10:26:07 AM
Don't you have to enable the add-on to try to use it? Why would somebody try to use it in the forum? Can't you turn it off?

So let me get this right.

1) SOME older versions make you add TWO link lines to the pop-up box BEFORE the code box comes up. WHAT ELSE does it REQUIRE?

2) Newer versions allow you to enter the information DIRECTLY into the code box without having to put the info in the pop-up box. Right?

Will BOTH ALLOW the following code to be IN the code box:

// ==UserScript==
// @name           QB64CopyCode
// @namespace      http://www.qb64.net/wiki/namespace
// @description    Can now copy from the QB64 Wiki
// @include        http://www.qb64.net/wiki
// @include        http://qb64.net/wiki
// ==/UserScript==

IF NOT, what needs to be removed?

I HATE FF! :-X

1) The older version requires the www. which I thought was unnecessary. So in order for it to work on all systems we have to include the www.

2)All versions can have the //==UserScript portion if you just edit the script, but if you add a new script then you have to supply the information manually with the pop-up box that comes. To be less confusing I decided to assume that the user is adding a new script. Nothing needs to be removed, I edited the Wiki so that it works for all. Perhaps we should add that if they have a older version they can remove that version as it isn't needed anymore.

Clippy

• Pete's Qbasic Site
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 08:06:47 AM »
2)All versions can have the //==UserScript portion if you just edit the script, but if you add a new script then you have to supply the information manually with the pop-up box that comes.

WHO would be JUST EDITING the script? I would ASSUME the same thing! That they are adding the script we gave them. END OF STORY! That should be good until Version 6!  :'(

Cyperium

• Cyperium
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 09:31:38 AM »
I hope that the old script doesn't make conflicts with the new, or else we should tell them to remove the old version.

Clippy

• Pete's Qbasic Site
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 10:03:10 AM »
WHAT "old version"? I thought YOU changed it to use a newer one...

FORGET IT, I AM DONE with this FF CRAP! If I hear another word about it, I will remove it!

Cyperium

• Cyperium
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 10:52:19 AM »
Why would I say anything that has no meaning?

The people that already have the old version is what I meant of course. I don't think that someone who has both versions active at the same time will have any conflicts but if they do we better tell them to remove the old version.

chronokitsune

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2011, 01:21:22 PM »
Oi...  Relax a bit, eh?  If the stuff doesn't copy properly in Firefox, it isn't our fault, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't attempt to support it.  I wonder if there's a way to add the script to the wiki's internal code...  Even though that is something for Galleon and the people more familiar with MediaWiki to figure out, it would be a way to avoid the problem.  Of course the best you could do is sniff the User-Agent header or use various JavaScript tests to determine what browser it is (Firefox supports certain things that no other browser does, except for Opera and the W3C's Amaya perhaps, but the experience should be relatively the same regardless of the browser used).  In any case, the JavaScript code should be just before the // ==/UserScript== line.  This is mostly for GreaseMonkey's sake.  It knows where one script starts and another is.  That is not Firefox's fault but Greasemonkey's.  Can you blame the GreaseMonkey developers for being organised and trying to make an easy-to-parse format?

Cyperium

• Cyperium
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011, 04:02:51 PM »
Personally I think that FF should fix this already, it was reported ages ago and people probably still report it from time to time. I wonder what other serious bugs they are trying to solve at this moment that hinders them from solving this one?? Either way we have a solution that works now for us, Galleon is the only one who has access to the internal workings of the Wiki so he would have to add a automatic solution if such a solution can be found.

• Print