• Print

Author Topic: QB64 Notepad  (Read 329 times)

doctorandrose

QB64 Notepad
« on: July 12, 2011, 08:41:34 PM »
This is a very basic notepad for writing programs using the QB64 compiler, that I wrote using JustBasic.
Place the QB64 Notepad folder in whatever folder you have QB64 in. To run the notepad, click on the file named "QB64 Notepad." Make sure you save your file before compiling, as it compiles whatever you last saved.  The .exe file that gets compiled will be in the folder where QB64.exe is. Download using this link.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35007918/QB64%20Notepad.zip
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:56:44 PM by doctorandrose »

LeChuck

• 18 * 37
Re: QB64 Notepad
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
I tested and it works. Undo function not working correctly if more than one step needs to be undone.

@doctorandrose,

Are you a symbiant? :P
Two or more, use a FOR!

doctorandrose

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 08:44:41 PM »
If you have tried this, what do you think?  Yes, it's basic, but only meant to be a simple notepad that will let you also compile from within it.  I read other posts on the forum about not yet having a windows IDE (I personally like the old blue IDE of QB since that's what I first used way back when).  Anyway, I have been trying to learn JustBasic (LibertyBasic) alongside QB64, so I thought why not make a little notepad in Justbasic to use with QB64.  I'm sure most of you could do much better, but I'm not an expert at this point.  If you find any use for it great, if not that's okay. 

Any suggestions though.  Could I add something to make it more useful?

kidfrommars

• C & Fortran Polyglot
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:00:44 AM »
Looks okay, it's very simplistic. Not that I could do any better.

I think an option to change the font would be nice.

BTW, would you recommend JustBASIC? I've been looking at it for GUI development.

Cyperium

• Knowledge is good, but understanding is better
    • Cyperium
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:11:28 AM »
I'm not that familiar with JustBasic, but I will send you a qbformat$ function that correctly formats code for you.

Syntax:
qbformatted$ = qbformat$(unformatted$)

It takes care of everything, but you need two arrays, keyword and keytype which should hold all the keywords and all of the types.

I'm not at my own computer right now, but I will post it here tomorrow. If you can't wait the function is also in my custom editor. If you're interested I will explain everything you need to know about using the function.
Venture - New Prototype, QB64 Editor v1.95b (linux compatible, if you compile the source).

doctorandrose

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 01:12:02 PM »
I know about the qb64 -c to compile from the command line.  Is there a command line statement to compile and also run after the compiling is finished?

Cyperium

• Knowledge is good, but understanding is better
    • Cyperium
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 03:44:19 AM »
No, you'd have to run the exe using SHELL or the equivalent in JustBasic. You would need a option to wait until the program has finished (like the default SHELL action in QB64) so that you know that it has been compiled before trying to start it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:53:43 AM by Cyperium »
Venture - New Prototype, QB64 Editor v1.95b (linux compatible, if you compile the source).

• Print