• Print

Author Topic: For locate x,l[resolved]  (Read 234 times)

659_minifly

For locate x,l[resolved]
« on: April 18, 2011, 08:10:26 AM »
Hello
How can i find the position of a caractere ( for using Locate ) knowing the X and Y pixel position
using mouse position ?
thanks

I solved my problems with QB64 commands  "_".

@Galleon
One question when your made your new modification with more script control why did you not put
a choice for the user : with or without ?
Because when i made a search for solving my problem i found  programs who doesnt work anymore.
thanks
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:16:16 AM by 659_minifly »

Galleon

• Administrator
  • QB Forever
    • Email
Re: For locate x,l[resolved]
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 06:14:43 PM »
Because when i made a search for solving my problem i found  programs who doesnt work anymore.
Because that would effectively create two versions of QB64, something which must be avoided at all costs. Proper name/syntax checking should have been implemented in QB64 from day one. The reason this did not happen is that for the first few years QB64 development was so focused on making QBASIC programs work (and still is!) and providing much needed sound/graphical/networking/etc interfaces.

I need to stress that valid QBASIC programs still work under the new syntax rules, it's just some programs written in QB64 which need to have their usage of names revised, particularly programs written in QB64 which make use of leading underscores for their own variable names or certain QBASIC keywords for their own variable names.

I think it would be best if I create a topic dedicated to identifying these incompatible programs and editing them to make them work. If you find any on this forum please post a link to them and I'll edit them to get them going again.
Something old... Something new... Something borrowed... Something blue...

Cyperium

• Knowledge is good, but understanding is better
    • Cyperium
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 07:08:56 PM »
There's also a potential that some Wiki examples no longer work, I'll investigate that (but I can only do so much, but I guess Clippy also have his attention on it).
Venture - New Prototype, QB64 Editor v1.95b (linux compatible, if you compile the source).

Clippy

• I LOVE π = 4 * ATN(1)    Use the QB64 WIKI >>>
    • Pete's Qbasic Site
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:44:20 PM »
There was only ONE function that had an underscore which has been changed. There shouldn't be ANY others.
QB64 WIKI: Main Page
Download Q-Basics Code Demo: Q-Basics.zip
Download QB64 BAT, IconAdder and VBS shortcuts: QB64BAT.zip
Download QB64 DLL files in a ZIP: Program64.zip

• Print