• Print

Author Topic: my last post for a while  (Read 4018 times)

codeguy

• what the h3ll did i name that code?
    • stuff at dkm
    • Email
my last post for a while
« on: December 15, 2010, 01:25:08 PM »
this is gonna be my last post for a while, so i just thought i'd leave ya with a few thoughts.
life sometimes turns to shit, ya don't have to stay in it. i will be offline for a while. and i hope that i will be missed. to all my programming bro's out there, keep running with qb64 and despite the fact i will not have regular computer access, i will occasionally visit when i can, which will make my time on qb64 even more dear to me. you've all kept me good company. and clippy, ya crack me up. if your offer is still open, i may take ya up on it. galleon, you're simply amazing (and those damn pesky hard to find memory leaks, i hope they're all found and eliminated). cyperium, good luck with the interpreter (you too, zom-b). pete, don't get in too many fights with clippy ;D unseenmachine, i'm looking forward to unseen_gdk MEGAVERSION. darthwho, i hope ya get a job working on a cray jaguar (that oughta be speedy enough for ya) and you write algos that bend space and time in any way ya like. as for me, i'll be programming in my head and trying to shut out the shit. and maybe one day i will find a source of happiness beyond my digital life. until then, keep your fingers to the keyboards and i wish all of ya well. and to olddoslover, good luck keeping up with the cham. your service has been a godsend to all of us (at least me and my other 167 personalities ;D).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 02:21:54 PM by codeguy »
http://denteddisk.forums-free.com/make-an-appointment-with-the-resident-code-guru-f34.html

Clippy

• I LOVE π = 4 * ATN(1)    Use the QB64 WIKI >>>
    • Pete's Qbasic Site
    • Email
Re: my last post for a while
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 01:33:57 PM »
My offer still stands. If you can get here, we can BOTH be alone at Christmas...  ;)

Anyhow I will miss your wit and coding style. Keep in touch! I hope things work out for you!

Ted
QB64 WIKI: Main Page
Download Q-Basics Code Demo: Q-Basics.zip
Download QB64 BAT, IconAdder and VBS shortcuts: QB64BAT.zip
Download QB64 DLL files in a ZIP: Program64.zip

DarthWho

• Timelord of the Sith
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 01:41:53 PM »
Good luck Codeguy hope you can find some employment and get back on your feet quickly merry christmas or happy (insert your winter holiday here)  ;D
Rassilon: My lord Doctor; My lord Master; My lord DarthWho
The Doctor and the master at the same time :WHAT!?!?!

FastMath 1.1.0 released: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12359848/fastmath.h

codeguy

• stuff at dkm
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 02:01:15 PM »
thanks everybody.
galleon, that opengl demos is nothing short of FANTASTIC! nice. i expect to see some cool stuff made from that. ;D i can't wait (although at this time i must). merry christmas, everybody, just in case i don't make it to a computer before then. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
http://denteddisk.forums-free.com/make-an-appointment-with-the-resident-code-guru-f34.html

unseenmachine

• A fish, a fish, a fishy o!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 02:08:16 PM »
We / I are/am gonna miss ya buddy, best of luck getting shit sorted (yeh i know i swore!!!) and many thanks for all the help you ever gave me, your awesome mate.

My favorite deity will be hearing about this crap though, mark my words!

Clippy, your a good man, even if you are a bit annoying.

UnseenGDK Download : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8822351/UnseenGDK.bm
GDK Tutorial : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8822351/UnseenGDK_Tutorial.doc
VQB02 : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8822351/VQB02.zip

codeguy

• stuff at dkm
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 02:19:28 PM »
i hope that despite opengl support (yea!), we still have some people who like to "roll their own," just to see how things are done. i've always appreciated the support i found on qb64 and the ways people have challenged me use my brain as it was rightly intended, whether it was people asking for help or technical advice. i'm absolutely certain i've done the best i can in that regard, far better than wasting my time doing nothing. i'm gonna miss my horse (my laptop), but it will be kept (reasonably) safely so i don't have to worry about that so much. it's nice to have another set of eyes killing the spambots. they always annoyed me, far more than anything else. dammit (ooooooooops!) ;D, keep rolling your own too!

Mega

• Who GNU?
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 02:40:40 PM »
I hope you will find good fortune and recovery from what's going on codeguy. You're a good person, a great programmer, and thought of highly by all here. You will be missed, and I hope that you do take Clippy up on that offer.

You shouldn't have to be alone on Christmas. I know what it's like to have lost everything (repeatedly) and have no one. I fixed the financial worries (enough), but this past month my girlfriend left me to return to her abusive ex because her children refused to see her or talk to her if she didn't. So I will be alone on Christmas now, too.

Working on QB64 projects and programming in general definitely helps to find peace sometimes.

I hope that you will be able to make the best of things. You might have to go through these unpleasant situations now just so that you will find something more important to you later in the end. I hope that is the case, and that once it's done, good luck and better things will become a CONST in your life. We'll keep the light on for ya.

Until then, take care.
James
Just an old-school programmer of covox speech things and such...

OlDosLover

• OlDosLover
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 04:08:27 PM »
Hi all,
    Thanks codeguy. Best of luck and good hunting sorting out those 167 personalities. I've reduced mine to about 3. Clippy you have my admiration and respect for your compassion in this situation.
OlDosLover

Cyperium

• Knowledge is good, but understanding is better
    • Cyperium
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 04:48:41 PM »
I heard you've been having financial troubles, I hope that you will manage to solve those issues, economy is really unfair sometimes. You will be missed, I'm always looking for good songs so if you stop by throw in some songs that I can listen to, I would never have found Wuthering Heights if it wasn't for you.

I'm going to start dealing with the interpreter soon, I've been developing other things for a while until I feel I'm ready to take on the "big problem" :) (I really don't see it as a problem though, rather a good challenge!).

Keep up the spirit!
Venture - New Prototype, QB64 Editor v1.95b (linux compatible, if you compile the source).

Clippy

• I LOVE π = 4 * ATN(1)    Use the QB64 WIKI >>>
    • Pete's Qbasic Site
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 04:59:28 PM »
Why don't you send him some Moose or Reindeer meat Cy?  ;)

Poor Santa!

QB64 WIKI: Main Page
Download Q-Basics Code Demo: Q-Basics.zip
Download QB64 BAT, IconAdder and VBS shortcuts: QB64BAT.zip
Download QB64 DLL files in a ZIP: Program64.zip

Cyperium

• Knowledge is good, but understanding is better
    • Cyperium
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 06:42:59 PM »
Moose meat is really really really good! Tastes like Moose. Of course it sounds better in Sweden ÄLG (oelljjjjj if you pronounce it in english, or rather, "A" as in And "L" as in Land and "Y" as in Yeah!).
Venture - New Prototype, QB64 Editor v1.95b (linux compatible, if you compile the source).

Galleon

• Administrator
  • QB Forever
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 03:45:28 AM »
Hi Codeguy,

Whatever the problems are, and however severe they are, you are always welcome here. I shudder to think of a place where you will be unable to even get Internet access, and fear you are in a bad space indeed. You have my best wishes and thoughts. Throw me an Email if there's anything I can do to help.

Galleon
Something old... Something new... Something borrowed... Something blue...

GarryRicketson

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 06:58:23 AM »
Sorry, to hear this Codeguy, hope something works out fast.
Most public librarys, have comupters,with internet, for public access,..
if that helps any, In fact I started a web site, useing the public library,.about 8 years ago, back when Geocities, was still there.
Quote from: codeguy on December 15, 2010, 02:19:28 PM
i'm gonna miss my horse (my laptop), but it will be kept
Not sure,I understand why you don't keep you laptop with you, most truck stops, have, phones, phonejacks, at some tables, intended for the drivers, if you have a small modem, you can "plug" it in, I used to do
that, when I was a truck driver, but anyway, hope it works out, anything I can do, you know here to find me, or my e-mail,...not much money, but in a emergancy, and western union,.. Oh, some times, the Salvation Army, or also if there are any missions near you, and sometimes the Catholic church,
will, pitch in, or pay for a bus ticket, for example so you could make the trip to  where Clippy,or Galleon lives,... Like I mentioned, I was homeless, at one time, actully more then once..anyway hope it works out and take care. from Garry

Pete

• Cuz I sez so varmint!
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 08:58:37 AM »

Look on the bright side, you maxed out on stars here, anyway! But stars aside, your code contributions have really added a lot of great content to the community, and maybe more importantly, we will all miss your humor, insight, and love for programming... but only for a little while, because I have every confidence you will be back, and soon. There is every possibility that some things are moving out of focus so some root part of your life can be focused on more clearly. Whatever condition that may be, I'm sure when it is met, doors will open again. Your best strength is your determination. Be determined, rather than hopeful, and you will eventually find success in anything you put your mind to.

Experience is priceless, but I trade youth for it in a second, and that is true wisdom.

Anyway, I'll keep zapping those spammers for you while you're away, and I wish you all the best,

Pete
It's only rocket science; it's not Linux!

codeguy

• stuff at dkm
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 09:16:06 AM »
right now, i am at a mission, but i don't know how long i'll be able to tolerate the lack of internet service there. also, computers are forbidden (i keep mine under wraps) as i guess they see them as a distraction or maybe even evil. not much for having the christian aspect of it force-fed to me, but it keeps me warm and fed, which is a small sacrifice, i guess for being indoors in crappy weather like this. clippy, i will probably get tired of the force-fed religion soon (not that i am an atheist, i just like to have some choice about how and when i worship). i don't mind the work aspect, but as i said, i DO mind the force-fed religion. today is my day off and then after a couple days, i will have very limited access as if i get caught with my computer, it will at the very least be confiscated until i leave. i guess right-wing christians think internet access is evil unless they're downloading stomach-turningly sweet religious videos from youtube -- ugh! i sorta like mr garrison's song better this time of year (irreverent and funny). it's a protest of how we sometimes force-feed our beliefs on people when we claim to be a land of freedom and choice. so with that, i say and mean this in the best possible way, merry FN christmas. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Print