• Print

Author Topic: DavsIDE v1.24 for QB64 (win) - Syntax Highlighting/Built-in Help/IDE Colors  (Read 6666 times)

pitt

• Where's Timmy?
    • Email
Re: DavsIDE v1.24 for QB64 (win) - Syntax Highlighting/Built-in Help/IDE Colors
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2012, 05:41:29 AM »
Thanks again for another awesome release. I am shocked you'll be adding syntax checking as it will be much easier then using an error system. Groovy!
Where's Timmy?

Dav

« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2012, 04:36:20 PM »
SMcNeill: Ah, now I follow what you mean and can see where that may come in handy.  Glad you're able to get what you needed done.  Nice workaround.

pitt: Thanks.  Syntax Checking won't be coming anytime soon tho, the only command it can correctly check so far is SYSTEM. :D 

I've been studying Galleons code of the QB64 IDE and it's really impressive!  Makes me want to add this at the top of all my QB64 programs for when I need help:

Code: [Select]
ON ERROR GOTO Galleon.
- Dav
(Visit Dav's Qbasic Site) (Grab my IDE)

SMcNeill

• Email
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2012, 06:16:37 PM »
Quote from: Dav on November 06, 2012, 04:36:20 PM
SMcNeill: Ah, now I follow what you mean and can see where that may come in handy.  Glad you're able to get what you needed done.  Nice workaround.

I've got another script working to automatically add certain constants for me.  (If I type x = True anywhere in the code, it'll auto-define CONST True = -1 for me now, for example.  It tracks keypress codes, ASCII codes (IF INKEY$ = ASCII_ESC THEN EXIT DO), and color modes.  On screen 0, White = 7 I think, on a 32 bit color screen, White = &HFFFFFFF -- it auto-sets the correct color.   All I need to do is Color Red, White now to set a red font with white background in any screen mode.

A few scripts, and this works fine:
Code: [Select]
'#Credit:Steve
'#Use:Free
'#Wait

'#Screenmode:Default
Color Red, Blue
CLS
PRINT "Hello World"
'#Wait
SYSTEM

The above says I wrote the program, prints my free use rights for the public, and identifies the date the program was compiled to exe.
Then it tells the user to Press <ANY KEY> to continue.
And it waits for a screen press.

Default Screenmode is 1280x720x32, so we swap to that.
clear the screen with a blue background.
Display a red Hello World
Then it tells the user to Press <ANY KEY> to continue.
And it waits for a screen press.
Then we close with the SYSTEM command.

A lot of stuff, with very little typing, and a lot being added to our code automatically.
Credit is added automatically, with a compile date.
Usage rights are added automatically.
The correct CONST is added for Red and Blue so the program knows how to use them automatically...

It's got the potential to do a whole lot of things really simply for us.  I only got it half working with the QB64 IDE, but it works fine with yours.  I have a feeling your IDE will be the one I stick with from now on, just so I can write up a ton of different little precompile scripts to automate and simplify the coding process for me in the future.  :D
http://bit.ly/TextImage -- Library of QB64 code to manipulate text and images, as a BM library.
http://bit.ly/Color32 -- A set of color CONST for use in 32 bit mode, as a BI library.

http://bit.ly/DataToDrive - A set of routines to quickly and easily get data to and from the disk.  BI and BM files

SMcNeill

• Email
« Reply #183 on: November 08, 2012, 06:01:38 PM »
Dav, is there anyway you could  add a "Load Note" option so we can load and  use different note boxes?  Some notes I use are good for one project, but worthless for another.  Being able to swap to the needed note, for the current project would be a nice thing.

Also, is there any way a user can add links to the Quick QB Links?  There's different pages I like to visit on a regular basis, and it'd be lovely if I could just click from your IDE directly to them, without having to tab out, open my browser, click to open my QB Link folder, and then click to go to them.  It'd save several steps to just directly click from the IDE to the pages themselves.  :)
http://bit.ly/TextImage -- Library of QB64 code to manipulate text and images, as a BM library.
http://bit.ly/Color32 -- A set of color CONST for use in 32 bit mode, as a BI library.

http://bit.ly/DataToDrive - A set of routines to quickly and easily get data to and from the disk.  BI and BM files

Dav

« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2012, 06:13:59 AM »
I can add a Save/Load Note option (in text format) in the note box right click options so you can update it that way.  I'm also working on a small "Code Bank" section where users can just store some often used source code.  And I'll see about adding a "User Links" sub menu too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

- Dav

small no more

• Ask and you will receive, Seek and you will find
    • not launched
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2013, 10:29:41 AM »
Dav,

I tried your IDE with qb64 .078 gl version and big programs run, but i can'tget a simple program to compile, it gives a C++ compilation error.

I tried this 2 lines

CLS
PRINT "Hello World"
A good teacher must be able to put himself in the place of those who find learning hard.

Eliphas Levi

Billbo

• Email
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2013, 03:45:10 PM »
Dav,

I agree. I have had to exit your IDE to compile. Not to often.

I have QB64 0.954, 0.971 GL, 0.977 GL and 0.978 GL on my computer. I have
your IDE in all four's directories. After it had been ran once in each, they would
lose track of where they're supposed to be. Example, I do a program in 0.954
and it goes and uses one of the other three to compile. I check the ini for your
IDE and it does not direct it there. The ini in each show to compile in that specific
directory. Also, I'll try to open a file and it'll look for it under one of the other
version's directory, and after changing to the correct on the above still happens.

Your assistance will be most appreciated.

Bill

Dav

« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2013, 06:47:02 PM »
Thanks for reporting these errors - I'll investigate them and try to fix them. 

Billbo: I had that problem with Windows 7 before.  At one time I had an .ini setting that kept track of the IDE's working directory which seem to over-ride Windows "Let me help you remember" behavior.  I may have to go back to using that so multiple IDE's can run without conflicting.  What OS are you using?

small no more: Thanks for the report.  The small program C++ Compile error is weird, and I'm not really sure how my IDE would cause it (QB64 handless the compiling).  I will try to duplicate the error and figure out what's causing it. I haven't been staying up on the latest GL developments, maybe there's been a change with the command-line compiling method.   Could you try to compile the small program from the command line and see what happens?  (QB64 -c program.bas).

- Dav

Billbo

• Email
« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2013, 07:02:34 PM »
Dav,

I have an HP Pavilion g7-1156nr with 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium.

You might wonder why I have four(4) version of QB64 on my computer,
untill there's a stable GL version checking programs in more than one
may provide additional information. I had some that'd compile and run
in 0.971 but not 0.977.

Hope you get things solved.

Thank for the help.

Bill

small no more

• Ask and you will receive, Seek and you will find
    • not launched
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2013, 10:18:53 PM »
Dav,

It causes compile error when compiling from command line too using

QB64 -c program.bas

but if i use the QB64 ide it compiles fine.

now i found out that if i type in QB64 -c then press enter and then enter the program.bas it compiles fine.
A good teacher must be able to put himself in the place of those who find learning hard.

Eliphas Levi

• Print