• Print

Author Topic: Simple 3D triangle library  (Read 838 times)

SkyCharger001

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1594
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 01:01:38 AM »
fluffrabbit, the functionality you desire is at a higher level than what this library is meant to provide.
If I were to put it into the library it could easily become TOO limiting.

fluffrabbit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 393
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 01:59:42 AM »
Quote from: SkyCharger001 on January 23, 2013, 01:01:38 AM
fluffrabbit, the functionality you desire is at a higher level than what this library is meant to provide.
If I were to put it into the library it could easily become TOO limiting.

Oh, so 3D rendering is too limiting now? Tell that to the people who use OpenGL! You're just a selfish, lazy pseudo-intellectual college teacher math guy. I may not be the smartest programmer, but I know that the only real good marketable use of 3D in the context of a BASIC language, with this group of people, is games. Games need graphics. If you don't want to provide those graphics, then you're just being a jerk.

SkyCharger001

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1594
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 02:15:27 AM »
you misunderstand, I was talking about creative limits, not technical limits.
By providing only the last stage the library gives programmers nearly full freedom of choice on how they handle things.
comparison: you want CISC whereas I try to provide RISC.

fluffrabbit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 393
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 03:07:24 AM »
Quote from: SkyCharger001 on January 23, 2013, 02:15:27 AM
you misunderstand, I was talking about creative limits, not technical limits.
By providing only the last stage the library gives programmers nearly full freedom of choice on how they handle things.
comparison: you want CISC whereas I try to provide RISC.

No, I want QUISCK while you want DICKS.

Omega

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 377
    • Recall site..
    • Email
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 04:41:13 AM »
Watch the attitude.  >:(




I'm all for more powerful and advanced 3D.
But you are doing it wrong mr.. fluffrabbit.

fluffrabbit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 393
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 05:05:05 AM »
Quote from: Omega on January 23, 2013, 04:41:13 AM
Watch the attitude.  >:(




I'm all for more powerful and advanced 3D.
But you are doing it wrong mr.. fluffrabbit.

I think I'm doing it the right way. Let's just wait and see how Mr. SkyCharger responds.

Omega

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 377
    • Recall site..
    • Email
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 06:32:22 AM »
What do you want then?

fluffrabbit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 393
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 06:36:52 AM »
Quote from: Omega on January 23, 2013, 06:32:22 AM
What do you want then?
http://www.qb64.net/forum/index.php?topic=10495.msg86897#msg86897

Now, to have that functionality in QB4.5-compatible software rendering would be even better.

Omega

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 377
    • Recall site..
    • Email
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 09:58:33 AM »
Quote from: fluffrabbit on January 23, 2013, 06:36:52 AM
Quote from: Omega on January 23, 2013, 06:32:22 AM
What do you want then?
http://www.qb64.net/forum/index.php?topic=10495.msg86897#msg86897

Now, to have that functionality in QB4.5-compatible software rendering would be even better.


Sorry I just have to be sure you are not trying anything funny.
Seems we have allot of funny guys here..

Clippy

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 16440
  • I LOVE π = 4 * ATN(1)    Use the QB64 WIKI >>>
    • Pete's Qbasic Site
    • Email
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 10:13:27 AM »
Well I wouldn't call him the "Good Humor Man" just yet...  ;D
QB64 WIKI: Main Page
Download Q-Basics Code Demo: Q-Basics.zip
Download QB64 BAT, IconAdder and VBS shortcuts: QB64BAT.zip
Download QB64 DLL files in a ZIP: Program64.zip

Omega

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 377
    • Recall site..
    • Email
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 11:37:22 AM »
No if you ask me.. it's a another clone of random snobbery...

fluffrabbit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 393
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 08:10:10 PM »
I'm not following you guys. However, I am dead serious about this fancy computer stuff. I still use DarkBASIC. You should look into it.

Clippy

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 16440
  • I LOVE π = 4 * ATN(1)    Use the QB64 WIKI >>>
    • Pete's Qbasic Site
    • Email
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 09:25:45 PM »
I thought you WERE Dark Basic...  :D
QB64 WIKI: Main Page
Download Q-Basics Code Demo: Q-Basics.zip
Download QB64 BAT, IconAdder and VBS shortcuts: QB64BAT.zip
Download QB64 DLL files in a ZIP: Program64.zip

fluffrabbit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 393
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 09:38:23 PM »
Quote from: Clippy on January 23, 2013, 09:25:45 PM
I thought you WERE Dark Basic...  :D
Oh, yeah?

codeguy

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3552
  • what the h3ll did i name that code?
    • stuff at dkm
    • Email
Re: Simple 3D triangle library
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 09:01:23 AM »
no, that's DARTH BASIC.
his most famous line is "FREEBASIC, I'm your father." ;D
http://denteddisk.forums-free.com/make-an-appointment-with-the-resident-code-guru-f34.html

  • Print