Author Topic: Full-Motion-Video for QB64 (player and recorder libraries now released)  (Read 11072 times)

OlDosLover

• OlDosLover
Re: Full-Motion-Video for QB64 (experimental)
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 04:19:20 am »
 Hi all,
    Very impressive and a great project Jobert14. Carnt wait for the final product!
BTW i had to update to QB64 V954 to compile without an error.
OlDosLover.

Jobert14

• Also known as Lameguy!
Re: Full-Motion-Video for QB64 (experimental)
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 12:29:33 am »
After about nearly a week of work. I've finally implemented 32-bit color, 16-bit audio, and deflate compression...HOORAY!!!

The quality of the test video is very smeary due to the fact that the original source video is very lossy and will result in a incredibly huge video file if the compare sensitivity is set to 'Pure' so I had to divide the pixel values by 32 (low) in the comparing algorithm to make it less sensitive for a smaller file size.

Now all I had to do is add stereo audio, tweak the now menu driven encoder program, and make a capture library for those who want to pre-render their procedurally generated graphic sequences.

Download it here (106MB):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vdhgdpr02gli4y3
Most programmers these days are too lazy to optimize their code...

All my game/software productions are under my Meido-Tek Productions label.

iamdenteddisk

Re: Full-Motion-Video for QB64 (experimental, now supports color)
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 08:00:11 am »
truly exceptional, full speed video player..worked flawlessly for me..

pitt

• Where's Timmy?
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 06:23:57 am »
The video playback is great; however the music you've chosen I cannot make out any of it until near the end where some of the cartoons talk to each other. That is clear, but the rest sounds like it's a broken record. Is it supposed to sound like that?

Tested under WINE & Win7 x64
Where's Timmy?

Jobert14

• Also known as Lameguy!
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 07:15:25 pm »
The video playback is great; however the music you've chosen I cannot make out any of it until near the end where some of the cartoons talk to each other. That is clear, but the rest sounds like it's a broken record. Is it supposed to sound like that?

The stuttering is caused when the frames don't load fast enough so the next chunk of sound is played late creating a gap in the audio stream. I'm not sure how to fix it yet but its something to do with the CPU speed, the disk cache being not fast enough, and background tasks. The sound plays smoothly in my PC (WinXP) but stutters as the disk cache tries to keep up at the start but its gone after a few seconds from the beginning.

DarthWho

• Timelord of the Sith
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 07:55:31 pm »
well this isn't quite a perfect solution but this works with my machine when I have code that has those problems I clear the ram first the way that I have used with QB64 since sometime before Declare Library is as follows:
open notepad and save the following as "memclr.vbs"
Code: [Select]
FreeMem=Space(268435456)
which frees 256 megabytes of ram
then stick the following code at the beginning of your program:
Code: [Select]
SHELL "memclr.vbs"
FastMath 1.1.0 released: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12359848/fastmath.h

BTC: 1DGmy7rBZ15Y1nFJXkoE8BkvmMu6DxSMM4
LTC: LRNzAapRvQEuuEGwuLTG1f6nuHaf7tqkn7

iamdenteddisk

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 09:09:32 pm »
I was gonna suggest echo buffering, having a noticable delay in the start of code leaving the sum of the data as one continuous lump.
 or in better words,(waiting for the second helping to come from kitchen before serving the first.) so then it appears to come in one lump..

another possibility is MIMO acceleration, reserving space for multiple copys, reading a percentage of each at the same time..

OlDosLover

• OlDosLover
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 02:43:41 am »
Hi all,
    Worked fine for me. Very Very Very impressive! Boy QBasic has come some distance now!
OlDosLover.

iamdenteddisk

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 07:42:48 am »
I find my self eager for jobert14's next project of video capture to use in my robot projects. though I fully realize the great leap just having video in qb64 is..

pitt

• Where's Timmy?
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 05:52:08 pm »

The stuttering is caused when the frames don't load fast enough so the next chunk of sound is played late creating a gap in the audio stream. I'm not sure how to fix it yet but its something to do with the CPU speed, the disk cache being not fast enough, and background tasks. The sound plays smoothly in my PC (WinXP) but stutters as the disk cache tries to keep up at the start but its gone after a few seconds from the beginning.

The Windows 7 machine I have runs on an i5 @ 4.1GHz with a 1GB DD5 Video Card and a SSD HDD. I tried the app from the SSD and a 7500 RPM 64MB Cache SATA III HDD. The box also has tons of RAM. I do not see how a machine that pumps out a FPS of 100+ on BF3 could possibly be too-slow to play the music in that video. Besides, the first video's music played back just fine. I can watch Bluray movies from this PC perfectly from the BD-ROM disc.
Where's Timmy?

Jobert14

• Also known as Lameguy!
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 10:24:38 pm »
After a week of work and a day (I got lazy at some parts). I'm done making a polished MVF player and created the most important recorder library for making video sequences out of procedurally generated eye candies and sorts.

Download it here (10KB):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bu4a4kjxbgcrtr3

A video converter might come in soon if anyone needs it. The encoder I've made to test the format is ugly, buggy, and not friendly to most people.

The Windows 7 machine I have runs on an i5 @ 4.1GHz with a 1GB DD5 Video Card and a SSD HDD. I tried the app from the SSD and a 7500 RPM 64MB Cache SATA III HDD. The box also has tons of RAM. I do not see how a machine that pumps out a FPS of 100+ on BF3 could possibly be too-slow to play the music in that video. Besides, the first video's music played back just fine. I can watch Bluray movies from this PC perfectly from the BD-ROM disc.

Since QB64 lacks multi-threading to utilize the extra cores, multi-core CPU's will cause an OXYMORON effect for QB64 programs. I mean, a QB64 program like this would probably perform better on a Celeron D 2.66MHz than on your CPU. Or maybe its Windows 7's CPU hogging stupidities!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 10:30:17 pm by Jobert14 »

SkyCharger001

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 03:39:28 am »
After a week of work and a day (I got lazy at some parts). I'm done making a polished MVF player and created the most important recorder library for making video sequences out of procedurally generated eye candies and sorts.

Download it here (10KB):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bu4a4kjxbgcrtr3

A video converter might come in soon if anyone needs it. The encoder I've made to test the format is ugly, buggy, and not friendly to most people.

Since QB64 lacks multi-threading to utilize the extra cores, multi-core CPU's will cause an OXYMORON effect for QB64 programs. I mean, a QB64 program like this would probably perform better on a Celeron D 2.66MHz than on your CPU. Or maybe its Windows 7's CPU hogging stupidities!
another issue, QB64 has no built-in method for accessing the GPU, so you can't off-load part of the work to that.

iamdenteddisk

Re: Full-Motion-Video for QB64 (player and recorder libraries now released)
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2012, 08:52:22 am »
thanks so very much for this record method jobert14, I will now test and play a bit to make sure I have well formed questions if any. you know my interest in this is for robotic vision, so if there is any pointer or ideas you can offer it would be appreciated. having the actual developer to ask questions of is just so surreal and something I am not used to having.. a large gratitude for your work..

wiggins

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 08:58:35 am »
Very nice job on this.  Your .BAS code compiled perfectly under QB64 V.954.  I got a C++ compiler error when I compiled it under QB64 V.960. 

I am hoping that Santa Galeon brings me QB64 V1.00 for Christmas.  SMILE....

Clippy

• I LOVE π = 4 * ATN(1)    Use the QB64 WIKI >>>
    • Pete's Qbasic Site
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2012, 09:28:21 am »
Galleon won't be working on QB64 until after Christmas. He's been too busy elsewhere.
QB64 WIKI: Main Page
Download Q-Basics Code Demo: Q-Basics.zip
Download QB64 BAT, IconAdder and VBS shortcuts: QB64BAT.zip
Download QB64 SDL: QB64v0954-win15.7z