EDIT!!!! Version v.0912a now available
Save Game Feature has been added.
In this new version your game progress will be saved automatically when playing the in-game levels. For example when you pass level one your game progress will be saved. When you complete level two, your progress will be saved again, etc.
This means you can now quit the game at any stage and when you return to play you can just select "Continue Game" from the main menu and you will start back on the level you were last on with the same amount of Health, Ammo, Weapons and Powerups that you had before.
You can download the full game using the link below:https://www.dropbox.com/s/8p8gguliw1y6ink/Hetters%20Revenge.zip?m
If you already have version v.0912 then you can just download the 2 attached files at the bottom of this first post and replace the older versions of them in the "Hetters Revenge" directory.*Warning* - you can only do this if you have v.0912! If you have any previous version then you must download the entire game using the link above. You can check which version you have by starting the game and looking in the bottom right hand corner for the version (if there is no version, then you have the first version and must download using the link above).
*************v.0912 now available!!!
This new version includes the following upgrades...
- Bug Fixes to do with Security Beams and Extra Lives
- Informative Signs added to assist in the overall intuitiveness of the game
- Level Editor has been updated to include the new sign decals
- All 5 Levels in the first episode have been re-designed to include the new signage and remove some confusing aspects
- A BONUS custom level has been included as well for fun! You can load it from the main menu by selecting "Load Custom Level" and typing "Ben" when it asks for Episode and "10" when it asks for Level Number.
This will be the FINAL RELEASE for the first episode of James Hetter's Revenge. Any new releases will include new episodes and continued story line aswell as new enemies and obstacles to overcome.
The download link below is for this version as version v.0812 is no longer available. Just click the link below where it says "Download Details" to download... or click the link at the bottom of any of my posts to get the latest version.v.0812 now available!!!
This new version includes the following upgrades...
- Improved collision detection
- Added game sounds
- Limited Lives with the abillity to collect Extra Life Power Ups
- Updated levels to include the new power ups
- Updated Level Editor to include the new power ups as well
The download link below is for this version as version v.0712 is no longer available. Just click the link below to download... Original Post:
After three long months working tirelessly on not much sleep just coding, testing, and creating this game it is finally finished and available for download as a stand alone program suite!
I was originally going to release a basic version of the game a couple of months ago but I am so glad that I held off and refined and improved it as much as I have. The end result is far better than I had originally imagined and is well worth the download for anyone from begginer programmers looking for ideas to those who remember video games in the 90's and just want to play for the fun of it!
A big thank you goes to QB64's creators and developers for giving me the tools to create this game and its associated program suite. This re-incarnation of the Qbasic IDE with Extra's must have been a massive undertaking and I'm grateful for all of the work that has gone into it.James Hetter's Revenge - Download Details
Click this link to download a copy of the game (approximately 46mb and well worth it!)https://www.dropbox.com/s/8p8gguliw1y6ink/Hetters%20Revenge.zip?m
Presently the game will only work on Windows based machines, due to the CHAIN command not being implemented on Mac, or Linux. However, a work around version may be released soon to accomidate those platforms.
As promised in the lead up to the release the download will include the following:
1) The Game - First Episode included complete with story line, 5 large levels and a tutorial level for beginners too.
2) The Level Editor - Use it to make custom levels or just to modify the first episode levels, whatever you like! Comes complete with a comprehensive .PDF tutorial document with a step by step guide to making a level!
3) An Image Creator (advanced) - Change the images in the game if you like using this custom image creator to save them in the .gfx format (only QB64 programmers should attempt this). This is not integrated into the game but is included with the release for anyone who wants to play around with the graphics.
3) An Interactive Menu - To provide convenient access to the game, level editor, loading custom levels, help info and tutorial level.
4) The Source Code - Break down the code and use any or all of the code you want!
5) Sound Track - 6 Original Songs are included as background music to create a more energetic atmoshpere during gameplay.
You can refer the "Instructions.txt" file in the .ZIP for installation and game instructions as well as view copyright info (for the music only, sorry got to protect my music!)
Enjoy, and remember to post your reviews and what not regarding the game. I look forward to hearing them