Welcome to the first official QB64 programming competition!
Your challenge (should you choose to accept it) is to take
an existing QBASIC game and improve it using the functionality
of QB64 and your own creativity. The original QBASIC program
MUST be from one of the following approved websites:http://www.petesqbsite.com/downloads/downloads.shtmlhttp://www.qbasic.com/games/
(Note: If you believe another website should be listed let me know
and I will add it totally at my own discretion.)
The competition will cost $8[US] to enter and all entries must
be received by February 29th 2012. You must enter the competition
by (or on) January 31st 2012.
The winner will chosen by a panel made up of all competition entrants
as well as myself[Galleon] where all votes count equally. The original
QBASIC version and the QB64 version will be compared and contestants
will be judged on HOW WELL THE GAME WAS ENHANCED. It is not necessary
to use QB64 specific functionality to enhace the game however it will
probably help. Any linkage to external libraries (eg. DECLARE LIBRARY)
will work either for or against the entrant based on each member of the
panel's personal opinion.
All programs must run in Microsoft Windows, even if they were developed on
MacOSX or Linux.
An entry must contain:
1) The original game including its source (preferably in its own sub-folder)
2) Your enhanced version including source (preferably in its own sub-folder)
3) A text file called 'reference.txt' containing the website address(URL)
of where the original QBASIC game came from.
4) A text file called 'changes.txt' outlining the enhancements you have made to
5) A text file called 'ideas.txt' containing links to and very brief descriptions
of code ideas you borrowed from other sources (ie. not from your own brain).
Following the entry criteria is advantageous to the judging criteria.
Entries CAN NOT include any executable files (.exe) for security reasons.
Winner takes all! Whoever wins will receive all of the entry money combined
AS WELL AS $40[US] from the QB64 donations account. That's right, if you are
the only one who enters you win $40[US] by default! However, you stand to win
How to enter:
1) Click on the DONATE button on the qb64.net website and make a donation of
exactly $8[US]. No other payment method will be accepted.
2) Reply to this post stating that you have made the $8 donation to enter the
competition.*****Do the above by the January 31st 2012 entry deadline*****