Author Topic: QB64 CHM Help uplaoded  (Read 1691 times)

OlDosLover

• OlDosLover
QB64 CHM Help uplaoded
« on: August 31, 2010, 02:05:49 pm »
Hi all,
    The first version of the QB64 CHM has now been uploaded to DropBox
This version includes new example programs on the current OfflineWiki. These examples now format and color semi correctly. Some of the additional inter page examples are not included as yet. This has been an exhausting process that i enjoyed. My intentions are to make it into a standard type CHM so please excuse some unimplemented features.
    Any comments , wishes , criticisms ,etc are welcomed for discussion. It goes without saying that both QB64 Help files are free for use without restriction by my wishes. I hope that these contributions expand the interest by newcomers to this community. Id like to thank the Wiki contributors for there efforts as my contribution is only possible due to their efforts (you know who you all are).

QB64 Help CHM version
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10291175/QB64%20Help.rar

Offline HTML version
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10291175/QB64OfflineWiki.rar

Regards OlDosLover.

codeguy

• what the h3ll did i name that code?
    • stuff at dkm
Re: QB64 CHM Help uplaoded
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 02:07:44 pm »
heck yeah! you the man OldDosLover!

Clippy

• I LOVE π = 4 * ATN(1)    Use the QB64 WIKI >>>
    • Pete's Qbasic Site
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 10:25:33 pm »
Looks promising! Wonder why the code is all in one line? You aren't using FF?

Are the links supposed to work? I could navigate without them using the menu window OK.

I'm sure that it is a BIT of work too!

Thanks,

Ted
QB64 WIKI: Main Page
Download Q-Basics Code Demo: Q-Basics.zip
Download QB64 BAT, IconAdder and VBS shortcuts: QB64BAT.zip
Download QB64 DLL files in a ZIP: Program64.zip

OlDosLover

• OlDosLover
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 12:50:39 am »
Hi all,
    I primarly use IE8 for the loading of wiki pages. Also have Chrome and Opera but have not tried them as yet. I DONT have FF at all, never seen it!.LOL! The links on individual keyword pages as yet arent connected but will eventually be. There is differences in font sizes and styles etc. In future all of this will be consistent.
    I have no idea why the example programs load as 1 liners. Im not an expert but an enthuast. At moment im working on paste to preview tab in WinCHM. Somehow in this process , all of the page transferrs reasonably good except for the examples. To circumvent this problem i've been individually copy paste to notepad then recopy and paste into WinCHM. Then i do the color addition. It seems to me if i worked in the HTML pane it would probably transferr ok. As i said im not expert.
    Yes it been a lot of work but a necessary addition to the project. Thanks for the feedback fellas.
Regards OlDosLover.

codeguy

• what the h3ll did i name that code?
    • stuff at dkm
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 11:29:05 pm »
i want to tell you how much i appreciate your fine efforts at compiling the ever-changing qb64 documentation. it has been quite useful to me as qb64 has added so many new features, it is difficult to remember all the new features that have been added. i find the off-line chm indispensable. your help has been greatly appreciated!

OlDosLover

• OlDosLover
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 12:19:03 am »
Hi all,
    Thanks qbguy for the appreciation. You can expect it to be updated at start of each month like the html version. Am looking into adding more to the chm like more tutorials etc if pple so wish. I was thinking of adding in certain links like Clippy's qb tuts, TheBobs Graphics tuts etc. Post and tell me what you all reckon.
Regards OlDosLover.